Ed1na hornet Logo

Ed1na hornet Logo
Championship Pose

Friday, May 17, 2013

Edina Hornet Logo Copyright

After 32 years of being the Edina Hornet Logo copyright holder, I have had a wide gambit of experiences. I have been glad that people want to use the hornet in many creative ways that show the pride they have in our mascot. 
 Why did I copyright my design in the first place?  As a Grad of Edina I am keenly aware of just how special our school and community is.  I created a logo that would reflect our pride, fierceness, competitive spirit, and the logo sort of says Don't even mess with me/us.
   The school and Booster club were excited that I copyrighted the design so it would be protected from other schools, clubs or sports teams. Who wants some other school whose mascot is hornets stealing our logo. It is so much easier if one person determines its use and protects its integrity.  The school and the booster club are able to use it for their own usage, BUT DO NOT have the ability to give permission for third parties to use the logo/design.  This was the agreement from the very beginning and has been beneficial to all.  As the author and copyright, Michael J. Otto is the only entity that grant permission to use the design /logo. Administration at the school, members of the booster club have come and gone, so I have been the one constant that has protected its usage.
  I have given permission to only a handful of organizations that used the design to enhance its popularity as well as to promote school/community spirit and pride.
   If you need to make contact with me to ask about the Edina Hornet Logo or receive permission, Contact me Michael Otto at Imotto00@yahoo.com      

1 comment:

  1. The Hornet Logo is 35years old, and seems to get stronger and more popular as time goes by. I am glad to see it worn by the students and people of Ed1na on a variety of apparel. GO HORNETS, the Tradition of Championship caliber athletics continues to shine at EHS.

    ReplyDelete